Before purchasing a standard size design, please check the chart below to find which size is the most suitable for you and message us in you're unsure of the fit.
As each piece is hand-made to order, measurements are approximate and can slightly vary.
Bespoke & Bridal
All MistyCouture Bespoke&Bridal corsets are tailor made and it is important to follow some simple rules to ensure a proper fit, as we are not responsible for corsets made to incorrect measurements supplied by the customer.
The graphic below is an example. Each bespoke order will have a different measurements file based on the specific design requested.
2. LOW RIBCAGE
3. WAIST - The narrowest point of your waist (breathing normally).
This is not necessarily where the pants/skirt ends or where your belly is.
Tie a ribbon around your waist so you can use it as reference for the vertical measurements.
4.HIGH HIPS - Round measurement between waist and hips
5.HIPS - Round measurement around your hip bone, or where you'd like the corset to end.
6 - WAIST TO LOW RIB
7 - WAIST TO HIGH HIP
8 - WAIST TO UNDERBUST
9 - WAIST TO END OF CORSET. Centre Front
10 - WAIST TO HIP. Side
11 - WAIST TO UNDERBUST. Side
12 - WAIST TO ARMPIT
Simple rules to follow
1. Try to take all your measurements as first thing in the morning or avoid measuring after a full meal.
2. If possible, ask someone else to help measure you to avoid your position altering the result.
3. Don’t slouch, stand straight, but not unnaturally erect and preferably in front of a full size mirror.
4. Tie a thin ribbon or an elastic band tight around your waist. Do not use the belly button as a guide! Use the thinnest point following your body shape.
5. All round measurements should be taken parallel to the floor. Make sure your tape doesn’t slip down or is placed to high up on the back.
6. Re-measure for better accuracy.
7. Never guess or give glamour measurements as the result will be a very poor fitting corset potentially causing blisters and scars.
By placing your order with us you constitute acceptance of the terms described here and set out in our Terms and Conditions. At which point you are bound by your contract and any changes will incur additional fees.
The following charges will be incurred if changes to measurements are made:
10% for any alterations/corrections made within 48 hours of placing the order
25% for any alterations/corrections made after 48 hours of placing the order
No alterations or corrections can be made after 72 hours of placing the order